We have seen the world change in front of our eyes in just a few years. We are currently living through the Coronavirus epidemic and this has surely affected the way our society used to function. The Chaurasia community was not untouched from this. However, the strength of a community is derived from its members and its leaders. It is only a feeling of community that keeps people strong and driven to come out of a crisis like this.
There have been many prominent people from the community who have brought it glory, but a large number are still marginal farmers. While a lot of them are trying to hold onto the ancient tradition of growing betel leaves, it is not helping them. While Paan aka betel leaf is important in many Indian rituals and functions, those growing it are still struggling to give a better life to their families.
The Chaurasia community is a tight knit community and a hard working one. In order to elevate their status and condition, Ramesh Lakhulal Chaurasia has been putting in all efforts. He has started many welfare schemes for different sections of this community to help them lead a better life. Imbibing a humble spirit with zeal to uplift people within his community and people at large, he wants to see a new India where people are provided better opportunities to prosper and succeed.
Leading from the front
As the President of the Akhil Bharatiya Adarsh Chaurasia Mahasabha, Mr Ramesh Chaurasia has worked hard to develop numerous schemes targeted for the upliftment and empowerment of all sections within this community. A lot of schemes are already functioning and many more are still being developed.
When people were hiding in fear and many were left without help during the COVID wave, Mr Ramesh Chaurasia and his team took the higher ground. They were out there in the field running awareness campaigns and distributing essentials to people.
Mr Ramesh Chaurasia is especially dedicated towards the upliftment of women and children. While women are the strength-bearers of our families and society, children are our future. Sadly, in marginalised communities, in poor sections of society, and many times even in prosperous households, they are often neglected. This is why Ramesh Lakhulal Chaurasia has prioritised their empowerment and awareness in his vision for a better society.
Some important initiatives by Mr Ramesh Chaurasia
- Skill development program for women has been helping them learn to earn a living
- Organising events where different members of the community including the children and elders are brought together. This brings a sense of fulfilment as a community while also giving them a sense of purpose.
- Seminars on how to modernize the betel farming practices by including practices like multi-layer farming and more. The goal is to practice sustainable agriculture while also increasing the income of those involved in agriculture.
- Sports events are organized for kids so that they can learn the importance of teamwork, strategy, friendship while also improving their fitness
- Stationery distribution events are held yearly in order to provide school related amenities to children so that they can progress in their studies without any shortage of stationery
- Debate competitions, discussions and events are held to help children gain knowledge, confidence and learn public speaking skills, all of which are absolutely necessary to progress in the current society
Initiatives like these have also helped him in broadening social circles while bringing people together to engage proactively in problem solving for the benefit of the community.